May 25, 2010

Long-tailed pterosaurs in Cuba

Eskin Kuhn long ago reported his 1971 sighting at the U.S military base in Cuba. I'm grateful for the telephone interview I had with him early in 2010, for it confirmed the credibility of his testimony. Rather than repeat all the details of his sighting, look at what has already been recorded online.

Pterodactyl in Cuba
A brief overview of the sighting of two pterosaurs
[Two] Pterosaurs…flying together at … perhaps 100 feet [above the ground], very close in range . . . so that I had a perfectly clear view of them . . . the texture of the wings appeared to be very similar to that of bats . . . had a long tail trailing behind with a tuft of hair at the end . . . The head was disproportionately large, with a long crest at the back, long bill, long neck . . . wingspan [was] roughly 10 feet . . .
1971 Sighting by Kuhn
The credibility of Eskin Kuhn's report
The two obvious pterosaurs observed by Eskin Kuhn during his military duty at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in 1971, were sketched by him soon after the sighting. I have encountered no contradiction in anything that he has said during the past four decades, nothing to discredit his account. I did interview him by phone just a few weeks ago . . . He was highly credible in his manner of speaking and his answers to my unexpected questions. This mature man has not been playing a hoax for four decades . . .
Eyewitness Accounts -- Do Dinosaur Still Exist?
"Out of Place Artifacts" page with the sighting by Eskin Kuhn (a U.S. Marine who had been stationed at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba)
Upon arrival there I learned of voluntary duty available in Cuba, and being much fonder of duty in the field rather than garrison duty, I went. I have never regretted the decision. . . . It was a beautiful, clear Summer day, hot . . . I was looking in the direction of the ocean when I saw an incredible sight. It mesmerized me! . . . I saw two Pterosaurs (or Pterodactyls...what's in a name?) flying together at low altitude, perhaps 100 feet, very close in range from where I was standing, so that I had a perfectly clear view of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.