July 17, 2010

Dracula-Like Pterosaur in Texas

Earlier this year, I received an email from a young lady who was only a child when she was terrified at the sight of a giant flying creature behind her house. Here is part of her account:

Brownsville, Texas about 1995, I figure. Well, when I was about 11-12 yrs old I went outside around late morning to see why our dog hadn't touched her dog food . . . I found her cowering around the side of our house as low as she could get . . . I heard [a] weird noise that made me turn my head. In the open backyard next door was what looked like a 9 or 10 ft tall man (not sure but he was taller than the roof of the house next door) draped in a long black coat or cape, looking away from me...I thought of dracula and then the man turned and I realized that this man didn't have a face like a man at all!

I froze in fear trying to figure out what I was staring at. Then slowly I watched what looked like disgusting black leathery . . . bat-like wings unwrap from around [it] . . . I was so scared . . . [it] stared right at me with its large black eyes and walked closer to me (it had been about 40 ft away maybe) slowly . . . the shape of its head . . . somehow looked like a pterodactyl. I thought that was crazy and when it turned its head back to me I began walking slowly back to my house backwards and then the thing appeared to just lift off the ground and it swooped, only it looked like it was floating, gliding . . .

I ran into my house and slammed the sliding glass door behind me . . . Well, my parents never believed me. They thought I had made it up! My dad showed me pictures of blue herons and how big they could get, but they looked nothing like what I had seen!
But it was a pterodactyl. It had a stump looking thing on the top of its head It's wing span was about the length of the side of the neighbors house so, maybe 30 ft? All I know is that it was the scariest thing I had ever seen . . .
See also Twitter: modern pterosaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.